Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wiggin' Out

Wednesday is, "see if we can find a wig day." Originally, I was thinking I wasn't going to go the wig route, but one of my brothers, Rich, helped me see that there may be a day in the future when I feel better and may want to dress up and go out and that hair might make that easier socially and emotionally. That seemed like wisdom to me.

So tomorrow, my Mom, Linda Mahley who has been a Mom to me for many years, is going to take me out to see if we can find a wig. I am so grateful we are going together. I am hoping to find as natural and normal a wig as possible, no I'm not going for a totally new look or the red, white and blue look that one friend mentioned as a possibility! ;-)

Just talking about finding a "wig" seems very strange to me. I had a pretty hard time today as I called several shops that sell wigs because I had to keep answering the question, "Are you a cancer patient?" I think this whole wig-thing has sort of brought the reality of what I am facing home more than almost anything else so far.

Of course, we are continuing to pray for healing and I hope that we can return the wig unused; however, if I have to walk through this then I would rather be prepared before hand so I am not dealing with so much all at once. I'll take my reality in small bites, thank you.

I think that tomorrow will be a day when I especially need your prayers, it has taken me most of the day to get to a place to even write this post. I am hoping and praying that the anticipation of buying a wig will be worse than actually getting one, sort of like getting my hair cut. Oh and by the way, I am loving my short hair! Thank you for all who have encouraged me about it, you're great!

I'll try and take pictures of wig options and let you know if we find one tomorrow. Good night, my friends. Leslyn

2 comments:

wings4deb said...

qyrmgthjDear Leslyn
Just know, dear friend, that I uphold you in prayer many, many, many times a day as the Lord brings you to mind. I will continue to contend for your complete healing ! I love you !! Debbie Isaiah 58 : 8,9

Beth F. said...

Dear Leslyn,
Even though I have not seen you in many years you have stayed in my thoughts and I have always wished to meet up with you again. Now, I can honestly say that you have not aged a bit and it makes me a little envious! I thank Paula for keeping me in touch with what you have been doing over the years and for giving me this blog info.
Just know that I am praying for you and your family....
Love, Beth Fraser
ps. I LOVE the hair cut.It is a style that I have always loved and said needs a great face to pull it off and you do...with great style!