Saturday, July 19, 2008

Days by the Sea

I have not posted in a couple of days because Ron and I were able to get away alone to the beach for a few days...ahhhhhhhhh. Though I have not been feeling well for 9 months now, we felt like it may be awhile before I feel much better, so we decided to go. We went to the family beach house in Bodega Bay. Bob and Linda Mahley, who have been my Mom and Dad for many years, have the most wonderful home right on the coast, it has been a place of blessing, provision and restoration for all of us during different seasons of life. It was just the place Ron and I needed for a few days. (Thanks Mom and Pop!)

Ron could walk on the beach while I rested and slept, we were able to drive up the coast which was so refreshing for my senses after looking at walls and ceilings for the past several months. There is just nothing like the ocean for being refreshed and reminded of how big our God is, how beautiful His creation is and how big the world is beyond my own circumstances. Perspective is so important when facing difficult trials, it helps to remind me that God is BIG and cancer is small.

Thank you to those who have been praying for Ron and me as a couple as we walk through this together. The days at the beach house gave us the time we needed to talk, to laugh, to cry and to pray. It was just what we needed.

2 comments:

marelind said...

*big smile* So glad your few days gave you a new lease on life.

Camille said...

Who is the uncircumcised Philistine of cancer that it should come against a child of the Living God? This battle is not over; there is still a contention in the spirit for your healing. We disfellowship cancer from your body, silence its voice over you and call it to barrenness. The Body of Christ needs you. Breathe, Spirit, Breathe over every enemy of the Musch family. Praying for you...Camille