Thursday, July 24, 2008

If you'd like to help

This new "help" section on the blog has been created in response to the many offers that we have received from people wanting to help. I have been urged to make our needs known to you. I thought this would be the best way to communicate those needs.

Over the past 9 months, as many of you know, I have been running a temperature accompanied by debilitating fatigue and body aches. Now, with this diagnosis of breast cancer, I will have another year to year and a half (unless of course I am healed!) of treatment, recovery and healing time ahead of me.

Because of my prolonged illness, I have not been able to travel and speak or write, causing a significant decrease in that source of our income. Additionally, donations to Global Prayer Ministries, of which I am the president, have dropped dramatically so that I have not received a salary in many months. In response to this financial need and the Lord's leading, in addition to being the full-time senior pastor of our church, Ron has taken on a part-time position at Walnut Creek Presbyterian Church (WCPC) making pastoral visits to some of the dear folks in that congregation. He is doing all he can to provide for our family and yet with the increased medical bills and related needs, we are falling short each month and our bills are beginning to pile up. [**update: due to budget cut backs, WCPC could no longer afford to hire Ron so they had to let him go. He lost that job in Sept 08, further reducing our income.]

If you would like to help us during this time of significant need, my family and I would be very, very grateful. Your tax-deductible donations to Global Prayer Ministries will go directly to funding back salary that I have not yet received. If God has touched your life through Global Prayer or through my life, would you please prayerfully consider sowing into our ministry at this time? We need your help.

Your donations, large or small, can be sent to:
Global Prayer Ministries
1647 Willow Pass Road, #317
Concord, CA 94520

Please make your check payable to Global Prayer Ministries. Please do not put my name on the check, instead, you may enclose a note indicating how you would like the gift to be used. Thank you so much!

**Global Prayer Ministries is recognized by the IRS as a non-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible.

2 comments:

marelind said...

Leslyn, thanks for your transparency and honesty. So often in these situations we want the opportunity to do something that will help to lift the burden from someone we love dearly, and we just don't know what we can do. Thank you for giving us something to do that will truly make a difference in this difficult time.

Paula said...

Leslyn, you are precious to so many.You have given of yourself so unselfishly through the years. How great to hear of a tangible way that we could give back to you.
Love you!!