Monday, July 28, 2008

New Surgery Info

Surgery has been pushed back to 12:45 PM. We will arrive at the hospital for pre-op at 10:45 AM.

Surgery should last for about 5 hours with another hour or so for recovery.

I am having a double mastectomy, then they will biopsy the lymph nodes under my left arm and remove any that have cancer--of course we are hoping they are all clear. The plastic surgeon will then begin the reconstruction process. After that, I will go to recovery and then to a room.

They expect me to be in the hospital for about 3 nights.

*Please pray for Dr. Kerlin, doing the cancer surgery, and for Dr. Ghorbani, the plastic surgeon, and that the presence of the Lord will permeate the operating room.
*Please pray that I get a good room, either with a great roommate or a private room and that the presence of the Lord would already be there when they wheel me into it.
*Please pray that I will remain infection free especially since I have only 3 antibiotics that I can take to fight infection--this is a major concern.
*Please pray for my family during the long hours in the waiting room, I know it will be a long day for them.( Again, I am so grateful that family and friends will be with them and to the Grunders for being available to my girls while I am in surgery and the hospital! It puts my heart at ease.)
*Please pray that I do not get nauseous after the surgery from the pain medication or the anesthesia.
*Please pray that the pain is miraculously minimal.

Please check back here Tuesday night. My daughter, Karyn, will let you know how the surgery went and any prayer updates. Thank you, thank you, thank you for standing with me and my family in prayer, I lack the words to express my gratefulness to you!

1 comment:

terri said...

Leslyn, I am praying for you friend to be filled with a peace that surpasses all understanding and that the love of Christ which is higher, deeper, and wider will be poured out over you and your family this day. Deut. 31:8: "The Lord is the one who goes ahead of you;he will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear, or be dismayed." love you, Terri for all us LaBrie's xo