Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Surgery Information and Prayer Points

Well, the surgery is going to take a bit longer than I had anticipated. The doctors think the surgery will take between 4 and 5 hours with an additional hour for recovery. So with the surgery beginning at noon on July 29, Ron won't be able to see me until about 6 o'clock.

They think that I will be in the hospital for 2-3 days if all goes as well as we are anticipating. They need to be able to manage the pain with oral medication before they will release me. I will go home with drainage tubes that will stay in for 5-7 days or so. I'll be really glad for my short hair during those days as I can't shower during that time...poor Ron! smile.

In addition to needing prayer for the actual surgery time and that the recovery will go well, a significant prayer need is that I do not develop any kind of infection. This is a normal need anytime someone has surgery, but especially for me. I am allergic to all but three antibiotics, and only two of those are very effective against infection. Please pray that I would not develop any kind of infection during or after the surgery. That will be an on-going prayer request during the chemo phase as well since the doctors are very limited in what they can use to fight infection.

Please pray too that I will not develop scar tissue at the surgery site and that the visible scars will be minimal, thank you. Of course, I would also appreciate prayer that the pain would be as minimal as possible.

Please pray specifically for my surgeons, Dr. Deborah Kerlin and Dr. Ghorbani. Thank you!!

I told a friend that my plan is to check to see if the tumor is gone all the way up until they inject the medication to put me to sleep. I have seen God do many miracles in the "eleventh hour" and will continue to ask and hope for miraculous healing until the very last minute! Bless you and thank you so much for standing with our family in prayer.

2 comments:

marelind said...

They sent me home with the drainage tube, and I took showers. Better to be safe than sorry, though. Thanks for the detailed explanation and prayer requests.

Prudy said...

Prayer requests covered and believing with you for that "eleventh hour" miracle. Miraculous GRACE is being extended to you and your family. Love you.