Monday, July 7, 2008

I love my church!

My church family, Lighthouse Regional Church, spent a wonderful hour in prayer and worship for me/over me on Sunday after the service. After a two hour service, I think everyone there stayed to pray for me and my family. I came in at the very end of the service because my endurance is still pretty low from being sick for the past eight and a half months. (Thank you Linda for the ride!!)

Everyone gathered around our family and prayed and worshiped, declared and decreed, read Scripture, cried and loved us. It was truly an amazing experience. I went home feeling so filled up, so spiritually fed, loved and so very grateful for the precious ones I am privileged to walk with in this journey with Jesus. A special thanks to our Elders and Intercessors who put this together for us...you're amazing!

Though I have not yet experienced any physical change in my condition, I feel so tangibly filled with peace and the love of our Heavenly Father. I am still basking in it even today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Leslyn - Here is some scripture for you:

Ps. 103:3-5
The LORD forgives our sins,
heals us when we are sick,
and protects us from death.
His kindness and love
are a crown on our heads.
Each day that we live, he provides for our needs
and gives us the strength
of a young eagle.

Karen G said...

Indeed it was an AWESOME time in the presence of the Lord! Got kleenex? (haha!)
Love you, my friend!