Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Surgery Update 1

Hello everyone,

Thank you all so very much for your prayers today!! They have been very effective because the surgery went very well and Leslyn [Mom] is recovering well. Surgery ended sooner than expected, which was great because she didn't have to be under anesthesia for an extra hour. The surgeons are confident that they have clear margins and have removed all the cancer. She was also able to get a private room with a nice view of the mountains, so that is an extra blessing. I saw her today, and she seems to be at peace, especially since Ron [Dad] will be spending the night with her. She has asked you all to please be praying for three things specifically:

*That the nausea accompaning the anesthesia will subside quickly
*That she will remain infection free
*That the pain will be at a minimal level or even better, that there will be no pain at all!!

Thank you all so much for your prayers, they have carried Leslyn and the rest of us through this difficult day.

~Karyn

4 comments:

marelind said...

Praise the Lord!

johnlwadsworth said...

Hi Leslyn! You are in our hearts and prayers, even people who you don't know. I am very grieved for you and have been troubled for days since I found out (even physically troubled). The Lord spoke to me and I sent a pretty long email to your "watch" address. Please get some rest. I am going to be celebrating in my heart that you are still with us and I pray that you be filled beyond measure with His Spirit. You are a warrior. I believe that God is going to give you a special quality of rest because you are a warrior - the type of rest that only a warrior can know. Blessings also upon Ron, Karyn, and Hannah!

Sarah Yang said...

Praise GOD! I will continue to pray for complete healing in Jesus' name!

Betsy said...

I have been praying for you, Leslyn and I sense the Lord's sweet presence. He is surely near to you in this time of trouble. Much love to you and Ron and the girls from Frank and I.