Monday, July 7, 2008

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow


Thanks to those who were praying for me today as I got my hair cut short. The anticipation of getting my hair cut was harder than actually getting it cut; once the first couple of snips were made, I relaxed and was fine. I think it was the thought of why I was getting my hair cut that was difficult, sort of made the whole thing a bit more real.

My long time friend, Brenda, a superb hair stylist, cut my hair for me which made the whole experience so much easier. We have been friends since I was a teenager and she has been cutting my hair more than half my life. Monday is usually a quiet day in her salon so it was just the three of us, Ron came with me. The Lord uses Brenda as an expression of His comfort and peace, I was so grateful for her today.

The weather was perfect for getting a short haircut, it is so hot that I was REALLY grateful for how cool it felt and I actually really like it. Ron likes it too as do the girls, so that made me feel better too.

Thank you so much for walking with me though this journey in prayer. I am so grateful for you.

P.S. Thanks to Karyn and Hannah for the pictures!

7 comments:

michelle said...

You look sooooo beautiful!
It was great to see you at church Sunday.
Continuing to contend for a complete miraculous healing for you.
Love you!

Marci Pelot said...

Extremely cute. . . love it LOVE IT. . .you are beautiful inside and out!
love,
Marci

Colleen said...

Love the hair! You look absolutely radiant!!! God bless.

LuLu said...

Well, Marci said exactly what I was going to say...but it can't be said too often. Les, you ARE beautiful inside and out!! I am so blessed to have you in my life and my family. I love you sooooo much and you are so special!! I am so glad you have such a special church family...what a blessing!!

I love you!!

Lulu

LuLu said...

Oh, I almost forgot...I LOVE YOUR HAIR!! It looks great!!!

Love ya,

Lulu

Karen G said...

Ha! Jamie Lee can only DREAM of looking so good! One word: FABULOUS!

Unknown said...

You are STYLIN baby :)!
Love you LOTS!
Christina