Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Totally Wiggin'

Whew, that was a breeze! You guys are amazing intercessors, I must say. I woke up this morning and spent time with the Lord before even getting out of bed (a great help in starting my days out right). My Mom, Linda Mahley, came to pick me up and we went down to Alamo/Danville area to the "House of Fashion Wigs." We had an appointment so we had the place to ourselves, which was really nice and peaceful.

The lady who works there, Mary Jane, has been doing this for a long time and really knows her stuff. She sized me up in about 60 seconds and though I tried on several wigs, we ended up buying the first one she brought to me! The hair is almost exactly the way my hair looked before I got it cut, it even has highlights just the way I like them done...and they won't even grow out! Amazing.

God is so gracious, Linda and I had a wonderful time together there laughing and learning more than either of us ever knew about wigs, we even got some cute cloths. It was SO great to go with her, I felt so much more relaxed and enjoyed myself rather than feeling stressed or anxious. I can't imagine doing this without her. So I am now the owner of a cranial prosthesis, better known as a wig! She also got me a really cute hat that will keep my noggin warm in the Fall and Winter as well as this little mini-wig that has hair just around the fringe so when you put a hat/scarf on it looks like you have hair but the top of your head is bare and more comfortable. I can only imagine if the hat flew off how funny that would look...I'll need to beware of blustery days!

I'll try and post a photo tomorrow! It is crazy how real this wig looks...who knew!?

2 comments:

marelind said...

So glad you found a good one. I had two that I didn't like at all. Yes, I wore them when my old bandanas wouldn't work. I was happy to have it for a fancy Thanksgiving dinner, though. Before dinner we were taking family pictures. Mom took a picture of Ken and I and started to leave. I said, "Wait a minute!" I whipped the wig off and took the same picture completely bald. It is a wry reminder of those days long ago. I pray you'll never need to use that wig.

Tina said...

Leslyn - your positive outlook is just wonderful and will help you through all this also, as well as your faith and reliance on Christ! You are a rock and I know God's grace is upon you and everyone that loves you will continue to pray that His will is done. I can't wait to see the pictures. It truly is amazing what they do now. There is a gal I work with that just went through this and she had several wigs with different hair colors and styles and you just never knew what she would show up at work with. I almost didn't recognize her a couple of times. She said she was having a great time because if she felt like being a blonde, then she wore the blonde wig and if she wanted long hair, she wore that one. We always looked forward to seeing her every day! This is your chance to go wild! ;-) You're in our prayers always and on our prayer chain here in MO!