Wednesday, December 31, 2008

chemo #9 down

I had my chemo treatment this morning. I reacted to the medication during the infusion. This medication can cause pain in the sinus area of the face if there is a reaction (I don't know why), that is what I experienced today. It also causes a bad headache that feels like a sinus headache that won't go away. I had/have that too. The good news is that I will still be able to take the medicine but they will slow the rate that they give the drug to me, that is supposed to reduce the symptoms. So it will just take a little longer to get the chemo infusion, but that's okay. The most important thing is that I can continue with the treatment.

I am not feeling well today, the treatment hit me pretty hard. I think it is the cumulative effect that is happening now in my body with the addition of each chemo treatment. I am feeling some nausea, though the three different anti-nausea medicines are helping some. I am drinking a lot of water like a good compliant patient and anticipate being up a number of times in the night, which is the desired effect (pls see "Starting New Chemo Medication Dec.31" post).

I have known and felt your prayer for me throughout the day. It feels like a warm blanket of peace and grace wrapped all around me. I am deeply thankful for that. Ron and I had a great talk about the Lord with a guy at chemo today too, that was really encouraging. He is a catholic christian with six kids and is really trusting in Jesus throughout his fight against cancer.

I am so thankful for each of you and am praying for a blessed and abundant New Year for you. I am praying that all that you have given to us in 2008 will be pressed down, shaken together and running over in your lives in 2009...exponential fruitfulness from your faithful sowing into our lives!

Happy New Year! love the Musch fam

3 comments:

PNWGirl said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! I am praying for your complete health to return to you this year and continuing protection as you finish up your chemo and radiation. Much love

marelind said...

My friend, I cannot say how much I feel for you and admire your ability to walk through this "valley of death." You are a mighty warrior woman! Bless you and Happy New Year to you, Ron and the girls.

Unknown said...

Standing with you and your entire family my friend! Love you!