Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Fingers are Still Numb

Some have asked about the status on my fingers and thumbs. They are still numb, though there are times when some of them are painful. I thought that perhaps any feeling was good, but I was told today during my oncology appointment that the pain is not good news. On the other hand, I was also told that nerves can come back up to a year out from treatment. So the good news is we have time to see God restore the feeling back to normal!

I can honestly say that I am not worried about my fingers. There is such a deep rest that God knows and will take care of me. The feeling I have reminds me of times when I have looked out over a lake early in the morning when the water looks like glass because the water is perfectly and deeply calm. Only God can give that kind of peace in the midst of such circumstances. I do know though that He responds to our prayers, that He calls us to partner with Him through prayer in what He is doing on this earth and in our lives. Your prayers, I am convinced, are being answered by God and are profoundly effecting my life. Thank you for such a precious gift.
with a deeply thankful heart,
Leslyn

1 comment:

Linda D. said...

Leslyn, I pray Phil.4:7 over you each day, and your family as well. I like the Amp.verse as well. "And God;s peace shall be YOURS, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and to fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that PEACE which transcends ALL understanding shall garrison and mount GUARD over your HEART(S) and MIND(S)in Christ Jesus."(emph.mind). Thanks for letting us know about Bill and surgery; he will be covered in prayer as well. Love you, my friend, Linda