Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My brother, Bill, is having surgery on Dec. 31, please pray for him

I am so very grateful for your steadfast prayer for me. There is someone very dear to me that I want to ask you to include when you pray for me. It is my brother, Bill.

He has been diagnosed with a rare tumor that is between his liver and his stomach. He is having surgery to remove it at 9AM on Wednesday, December 31. They know it is a Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor (GIST). After the surgery, we should know if it is malignant or not. They expect the surgery to take 2-3 hours.

I know that his wife, his son, daughter and two step-daughters would also appreciate your prayer. My other two brothers and sister will be at the hospital during the surgery, I will be having chemo at that time. You can imagine that this is a lot for our family to handle. Knowing you are praying is a great comfort and encouragement. Again, I lack the ability to express how deeply grateful I am for your prayer. May God multiply abundantly back to you in every way for all that you are giving in prayer. Thank you.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Mitchell said...

Dear Leslyn,

I am a friend of Renee's and she has been keeping me up-to-date with you for many months now. I just wanted you to know that you and now your brother have prayers coming to you daily from Nashville, TN.

You're such an incredible woman and I'm constantly amazed of your courage and strength.

You've helped me better understand my Dad's current struggle with lung and bladder cancer as well as my mother's colon and breast cancer from a few years ago -- she's a healthy and happy survivor of both!

I'll keep the prayers coming!
Anne Uber