Friday, September 12, 2008

a little bit queasy

I have been feeling a little bit queasy this morning and a bit shaky, but I have taken two different anti-nausea medicines and I think they are starting to help. Thank you, Lord!

I am heading back to the doctor in a few minutes to get my white blood cell booster shot. It is supposed to make my bones ache for the next 24 hours or so...oh joy! But, I must admit, it is better than having my white blood cell count drop making me very vulnerable to infection. So I will happily go down and get my shot.

We have also ordered a bunch of comedy DVD's from Netflix that Ron, Hannah and I are watching at night. The Bible says that laughter does you good like medicine, and studies have proven that it is true, laughter helps to elevate white blood cells...amazing the way God made our bodies! So I am laughing my way to health! =) It is a lot more enjoyable than the shot I am about to get, I will tell you that for sure!! God knows what He is doing!!

Thank you for continuing to pray, I can feel it!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea to watch commedies!!! I was thinking about finding a good joke book and sending you one every week but I like commedies better!!! You can laugh out loud for a longer time!!! Laughter is great medicine, as I know from experience and the joy of the Lord is my strength!! Love you so much and continue to pray for you each day. Lots of Love, Carrie G.

Linda Driscoll said...

While in prayer this AM I saw the Lord and you with arms wrapped around one another, then when you needed to be carried He would pick you up in His arms. Thank you, Lord for holding my friend at ALL times. I will continue to pray and cover you and your family through it all. Love you lots, Linda