Wednesday, September 10, 2008

chemo starts tomorrow

Oh boy, the day is almost upon me. I am having those surreal feelings again today thinking about starting chemo tomorrow. I keep feeling like I can hardly believe this is really happening, but it is. I imagine most people getting ready to start chemo feel this way.

Neither Ron nor I slept very well last night. Ron got up in the wee hours of the morning and went downstairs to pray, I think he didn't want to wake me. I was, however, already awake too, so I stayed in bed and prayed and worshipped the Lord. There were several songs from Klaus Kuehn's new CD "Glory" that kept running through my head and heart. Michelle O gave that to me and it has been a balm to my soul. Several of the songs have made me cry tears of gratefulness for our God who is so loving and near. Yes, I just sit there and sing and cry; my heart is very vulnerable and tender these days, but that is a good thing.

**Would you pray that we sleep well tonight? I want to start chemo as rested as possible.

**Would you also please pray that the chemo does just what it is meant to do, kill any cancer cells lurking around in my body, and that my healthy cells will not be harmed.

**Please pray that I don't get sick from the chemo. They are giving me several anti-nausea medications, but I tend to throw up easily and am concerned about this aspect of the treatment.

Thank you, with all my heart, for praying for me and for my family! Leslyn

2 comments:

marelind said...

Ken and I prayed together for you tonight - what fruit you have! =) We're sending you blessings and great love.

Anonymous said...

As I read your comments on the chemo, I thought of Isaiah 54:16,
"See, it is I who created the blacksmith
who fans the coals into flame
and forges a weapon fit for its work."
I pray for God to anoint that "weapon" to do the work it's "fit" for and no more. And of course, I gotta go on to verse 17,
"no weapon forged against you will prevail"

Let you heart BOLD, Les!