Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Round 3 of antibiotics

I saw Kathleen today and they are starting me on a third round of antibiotics. I thought I had fought off the infections, but found out that I am not through just yet. I don't have much resistance left. The good news is that I will still be able to take chemo on Thursday, though I will admit my body is getting very weak, I am sleeping a lot. They are going to give me some hydration fluids on Thurs and Fri to see if that helps with the nausea that seems to be hanging on between treatments.

I am grateful that the Lord has made me a fighter because the next three weeks are going to be a push to get through to the end of chemo.
I am writing to ask for increased prayer support.
I know you all have been so faithful to pray all along the past 5+ months of chemo, but now at the end I really need as much prayer as possible to sustain me and really to carry me. I don't remember ever feeling so weak physically.

As I said to one of my cousins, I am so grateful that the Lord is my strength and my help in this time of trouble!! Thank you for coming to my aid in prayer.
with an extremely grateful heart for you, Leslyn

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Leslyn, Every day I think of you. Though you are hidden away with the Lord during this season, know that you are not forgotten. So many times when talking with friends we have stopped in mid-conversation to pray for you. Thanks for keeping us updated through your blog. It is so important. Marci and I continue to war on your behalf, knowing God is faithful to heal as He promised. We love you so very much and can't wait to worship with you again.
love,
Walt

Linda D. said...

Leslyn, Thanks for specific details in your prayer request. I will continue to cover you in prayer and Prudy and I will join together in our prayer time for you. I know that the Lord has been faithful & will continue and HE will see you through this!!! Love you very much!!! Linda

Gerald Ealy said...

Hey Leslyn, right now I'm listening to the song "I Made It" by Minister DeAndre Patterson. It has a simple refrain:

I Made It,
so thankful,
I never could have made it this far without the Lord.

I feel it in my spirit right now that you will be singing this,

I Made It!

We'll have the music ready for you when you return to Lighthouse.

Love, Gerald