Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I am coming down with a cold, please pray!!

It appears that I am coming down with a cold tonight. Hannah and Karyn have both been sick with colds. Karyn is still sick. My nose started running (funny mental picture...I need to get out more) yesterday and then by this afternoon my throat started hurting down low in my larynx. This evening, I think I may be running a bit of a fever, my head hurts and my sinuses are getting pretty full.

The main issue for me is that I am well enough to get my Herceptin and chemo treatments on schedule. I have mentioned before that the recurrence rate drops by 30% if the chemo is given every two weeks throughout treatment. That benefit is lost when that treatment cycle moves off of that every two week schedule. I know that the Lord is the One who holds my life in His hands and knows the number of my days, so I need not and will not give into fear, but I do want to be diligent to ask for prayer. I know that God is able to heal and so would you go to Him with me and ask for healing of this cold? Please pray for Karyn too, she is supposed to fly back to So Cal on Monday. Thank you so much!! I am grateful for you, Leslyn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Health all around, in Jesus' name!

Linda D. said...

Prudy and I will continue to pray for you & Karyn. I speak healing to your throat, Leslyn, and the sinus areas and NO to a cold and to any stoppage of treatments that the Lord has for you to finish, in Jesus' mighty name!!! I pray Lord, that you supernaturally intervene in this situation & touch my friend as only you can. Receive it, now!!!!
Love you

PNWGirl said...

Praying for you and Karyn, that the mighty hand of God come over you and bring you both healing and rest.