Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My eyelashes and eyebrows are gone

The last of my remaining eyelashes fell out last night. I now have no eyebrows or eyelashes, it feels kind of weird I must confess. At any rate, I don't have to spend much time getting ready in the morning...no hair requires no fuss, and no eyebrows and eyelashes require no makeup. This experience has really taken me down to the very basics of who I am. There is a strange sort of freedom that comes with really having to look at who I am aside from looks or body parts. I have never been so grateful to know that I am a daughter of the King, a child of the living God as I am now...no props, nothing to lean on but my identity in my Jesus. That identity supersedes any outward appearance and cuts to the core of my being. I am so grateful.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow what a testimony. thank you

PNWGirl said...

Your blog always leaves me loving God more. Thank you for being so candid Leslyn, it's truly a blessing and honor to follow your journey.

marelind said...

Truth is powerful. Your courage invites me to seek to know who I am as the daughter of the King. Praying for His strength to carry you today.

Anonymous said...

It humbles me to see your openness and humility in these trying days. The Father wants to be our everything and to have us grateful for who we are in Him.
"Come fall on us, as we fall on You,
A thankful heart will be our rhythm.
Come fall on us, as we fall on You,
A thankful heart will be our song."
Blessings