Friday, October 24, 2008

Lots of Updates

I have fallen behind on my postings.


I Didn't Catch Hannah's Cold!
I did make it miraculously through Hannah's cold without catching it. I think that is a first for me. God answers prayer!!


My Back Went Out:
I did however, have my back go out on me last Saturday and that put me flat on my back in bed. The last expansion that I had seemed to cause more pain and stretching in my back and chest muscles than the previous ones. I think that was the precursor to my back going out. Thankfully, my dear friend and chiropractor, Dr. Julie Souza, worked me in twice this week and was able to get me back up on my feet. Sitting at the computer, however, has still been too painful up until yesterday. So here I am with a bunch of news. I will try to keep each one short and to the point.


I Switched Physical Therapy Centers:
Last time I reported I had gone to a physical therapist (PT) that I liked, but after I got home and thought more about it and got some input from friends, I decided that perhaps that Physical Therapy center was not the best suited for my specific needs. I contacted my oncologist to ask for a recommendation for a PT that specialized in Lymphedema, which I am trying not to get and cording which I already have. There is actually a Lymphedema Clinic through John Muir Hospital! I was really encouraged. Ron and I went to the appointment and were so pleased with the level of expertise and education they were able to provide us with that I have decided to just go there.

Chemo #4 is Behind Me:
I went in for Chemo #4 yesterday, Thursday, and it went pretty well. I am feeling pretty nauseated tonight though. I also went in for my Neulasta shot today, besides stinging like crazy, the best part of the appointment was a divine encounter that I had with a dear lady who was just coming to the practice for the first time and seeing my doctor. She is hoping that Dr. Sherman can help her. I was able to assure her that he is a doctor of the highest caliber, she cried. She has been diagnosed with breast cancer for the third time. Also, her daughter is interested in missions, guess which one, YWAM! Of course, that is the mission group that Ron and I served in for many years. This list of connecting points with her was truly God. We are going to connect by phone and she wants to come by our church too. I have really been praying for God to use me at my oncology appointments and blood tests, etc., I really want to get the most out of this experience for God's kingdom as possible. As I have always said, why waste a good trial?? So I am giving thanks to God and to all of you who have been praying that along with me. Yea God.

Please Pray for my Liver and Pancreas Levels:
I found out yesterday that my liver and pancreas levels are elevated, thankfully not enough to keep me from getting my chemo treatment, but they are high. It essentially means that the chemo is stressing my liver and pancreas and could become a problem. Clearly, we don't want liver or pancreas damage so I wanted to write and ask you to please pray that these levels would go down, that my liver and pancreas would be strengthened and healed and this would not be a problem. Chemo is so toxic that it really takes a toll on the major organs, so please continue to pray for protection over my organs and healthy cells. Thank you!

I know there are a few other things I was meaning to tell you but I can't think of anything else right now, so this seems like a good place to close. Thank you , thank you, thank you for your prayers for me and for my family. We are so grateful! May God multiply back to you a hundred fold harvest for all that you are sowing into us in prayer. lovingly, Leslyn

4 comments:

marelind said...

Thank you for the update; it helps me to pray details. Be well and blessed, my friend.

LuLu said...

I love what you said, "why waste a good trial?" Words to live by, my sweet cousin. I love you so much!! Thanks for the updates.

Linda Driscoll said...

Hi Leslyn,
THE LORD BLESS YOU AND WATCH, GUARD, AND KEEP YOU; THE LORD MAKE HIS FACE TO SHINE UPON AND ENLIGHTEN YOU AND BE GRACIOUS KIND, MERCIFUL, AND GIVING FAVOR TO YOU; THE LORD LIFT UP HIS APPROVING COUNTENANCE UPON YOU AND GIVE YOU PEACE TRANQUILITY OF HEART AND LIFE CONTINUALLY. Nu.6:24-26(Amp.) I am so glad that you didn't get Hannah's cold and that you found a TP that will work better for you. I will continue to pray for you and your family and these new prayer request. Love you and miss seeing you, my friend!!!! Linda

Anonymous said...

"Why waste a good trial" indeed. Romans 8:18 "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us." Whatever you go through, the glory will be far greater by comparison. Love and prayers,
Teresa