Friday, October 10, 2008

Good News

Just had to share some good news with you. I found out yesterday that my BRAC 1&2 test came back negative. That means that the breast cancer I am fighting is random and not genetic. Though my girls will still need to have mammograms early, starting between 30-35 years old, they do not have to have major surgeries to minimize their risk. We are so relieved and so grateful!! Whew!

Chemo went well yesterday, thank you for praying. I am starting to feel myself sort of sliding down hill as the day progresses. I wanted to get this quick note off to you and then go get in my jammies and go to bed. Thank you for your prayers for an easier experience this time around.

I was really tired going into this round of chemo and found out yesterday that I am pretty anemic, which would account for the fatigue. Beef is definitely on the menu!

love to each of you! Leslyn

4 comments:

marelind said...

Rejoicing with you for the Lord's deliverance. May He gently lift you on His wings to carry you through the next few days. Be well!

Linda Driscoll said...

Hi Leslyn,
What wonderful news!!! Thank you, Jesus!!!! I will be praying that the Lord will supernatually excellerates the nutrients needed so that your body grows stronger and healthier each day. Isa.49:29 Amp. says: "He gives power to the faint and weary and to him who has no might He increases STRENHT causing it to multipy and making it to abound" Love you!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

YUM! I am going to pray in good Argentine beef for you...with yummy butter and blue cheese smeared on top...sigh, God is good at the things He creates! Have been praying for you my friend! And very much celebrating the good news on the test results!

Beck Family said...

THAT is awesome news....I know what a relief that news can bring....very happy for you to hear that!