Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Surgeon Update

I was able to see both of my surgeons yesterday, both appointments went well. The plastic surgeon who is doing the breast reconstruction is going on vacation and will be back in two weeks. The timing works well because my healing is slow and he just wants me to rest and heal for now.

Dr. Kerlin, who did the cancer removal part of the surgery, wants me to wait at least two weeks before starting chemo. She will check me next week to see if the healing process is moving forward. If not she may change a couple of things that we are doing as far as treating the wound or worst case scenario take me back into surgery and try to clean out the area where the skin has died. I am, obviously, holding onto the Lord for His healing rather than go back into surgery! Would you continue to join me in that prayer for the surgery site on the left side to heal, thank you so much!!

I rested over the weekend and that helped some with the pain level. I think it is coming from the stretches that I have to do three times a day. I am happy to say that I am slowly regaining some of the range of movement in my left arm, my right arm is doing great.

Yesterday was a tired and weepy day for me. I think the pain and tiredness were getting to me and I was feeling a bit of discouragement from the slow healing on my left side. I am doing better today.

I can't thank you enough for your generosity in giving of yourself to pray for me. You are a gift.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Know we are all lifting your arms through our prayer just like Aaron and Hur lifted held their leaders arms in prayer. May you feel the strength of the Lord flood through you my dear friend! We LOVE you!

Prudy said...

I and many others are joining with you in prayer for a quick healing of the left side surgery site. I also pray a refreshing and renewal of strength, body, soul and spirit for you my sweet friend. NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST YOU SHALL PROSPER! Love, Prudy

Linda Driscoll said...

"And the Lord will guide Leslyn continually, and satisfy her with all good things, and keep her healthy too; and she will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring." Isa 59:11 While in prayer for you last week, my friend, I heard these words: Leslyn is on the wellness and Excellerated Recovery Road." I have been praying this out so that it is heard in the earthly realm declaring, by faith, that God is who He says He is, a God that heals. You are loved by many and I am one of them that loves you. Linda