Saturday, August 16, 2008

Please Keep Praying for healing of the incision on the left side

As you know, the surgery on the left breast and under arm was pretty extensive what with removing the cancer and the breast tissue and the 18 lymph nodes! As a result of all that trauma to the area, the healing is "delayed" on that side.

I went to the doctor on Thursday and will go again on Monday to check the progress. Right now there is still some "necrotic" skin on the vertical part of the scar on the left side. Basically, it is black and not getting any blood supply still. Please continue to pray that the blood will begin to flow to that area. (It is the physical and spiritual principle that that there is life in the blood, where the blood flows, there is LIFE!) The good news is that the area is not infected. The surgeons said the necrotic skin will scab over and then heal, it will just take longer. As a result of the delayed healing, there is still quite a bit of pain on that side. The right side continues to do well, thank the Lord!!

Other than the delayed healing of that scar, I am continuing to get stronger almost every day. The doctor gave me some stretches so that I can begin to regain the full range of motion in both of my arms. I probably only have about 50% on the left side. I am diligently doing my stretches while saying, "Ow-ee, ow-ee, ow-ee!"

I should find out Monday how long the surgeon thinks the chemo treatments will have to be delayed due to the slowed healing. I am trusting that God knows the exact time table that will be best for me and so am not feeling anxious about the delay. I know some of you are praying for that, so I am reaping the fruit of your faithful prayers! Thank you!! with much love, Leslyn

2 comments:

younglkzs@google.com said...

Dear Leslyn,

Beloved, I am praying for you daily and you are seldom out of my thoughts. Thank you for this blog. With a full heart, love, Kathy Young

PNWGirl said...

I continue to be blessed by your writing and humbleness in describing your need. I am praying for you and your family daily. Much love to you my dear friend.