Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Post-op appointments with surgeons

I saw Dr. Ghorbani (plastic surgeon) yesterday and Dr. Kerlin today. Both doctors said everything looks good. The only problem is that the incision on the left side had a little place that is healing more slowly than the rest, would you please pray that the healing process catches up and keeps moving forward. Thank you.

Because the healing is going a little more slowly than expected, they are keeping the drains in on both sides for a few more days. Also, Dr. Kerlin said we may need to postpone chemo for another week or two depending on how the healing process continues. Again, please pray for swift, complication-free healing. I am hoping they are amazed at how much quicker things are healing the next time I go into see the doctors.

Since Friday, I have only been taking Tylenol and Advil for pain because the other drugs were making me very sick with pretty violent vomiting--not good after surgery! This is a whole lot of surgery for just Tylenol and the pain level has been higher than is conducive to healing, so today I spoke with Dr. Kerlin and we are trying another stronger pain medicine tonight. Please, please pray that I am able to handle this medication, that I do not get nauseous and that it will control my pain better. I think it will help to speed up the healing process.

I forgot to mention that they also put a "port" in my chest to enable the chemo treatments to be infused directly into a major vein rather than through smaller veins in my arms. That is healing beautifully.

I really wish I knew how to better express my extreme gratitude to all of you for your faithful prayers, encouragement, Scriptures, meals and gifts. You all have been such a tangible expression of God's loving grace, comfort and care to me and my entire family. Thank you so very much. with much love to you, Leslyn

3 comments:

Prudy said...

Leslyn, When I finished reading your latest entry, I heard "There is healing in my wings" so Lord I ask you to spread your wings over Leslyn and excelerate the healing process and reduce the pain to naught. Got your six and your other prayer requests covered along with many others. Really miss you and love you. Love, Prudy

Anonymous said...

Leslyn - I have been praying for you and I'm glad to hear such wonderful news. I was rushed to the hospital myself last Sunday night and had emergency gal bladder surger on Monday. I just got home from the hospital on Wednesday and drugged out on Vicodin. The Lord has taken great care of both of us and I never stopped praying for you!!!

Beck Family said...

Hi Leslyn and family! Been keeping up and VERY glad to hear about the progress and clear margins! I can only imagine your feeling of elation at not having those fevers, a very good sign indeed! Glad to hear they did the port at the same time....well worth it and one less surgery (although you did paint a beautiful picture in our minds of the waterfall and meadow!) Drains....now that brought back some memories....very sorry you are going through this but very happy so many of your prayer requests are being answered! With love and continued prayers, Dion, Valerie, Kennedy and Carter