Saturday, September 26, 2009

Under construction

I went to the plastic surgeon last week and to my relief, he said the hyperbaric treatment had healed my skin enough to expand my expanders some. So I had an expansion of 55 cc's last week and will have one final expansion on Tuesday, Sept. 29 bringing my total to 450 cc's. Before the severe radiation burns I was expanded considerably beyond that, but I no longer have the elasticity in my skin cells to expand to the original goal. (If you recall, they took most of the fluid out of my expanders to take the pressure off of my radiation burn.) But, I am very happy with where we are stopping and feel very content.

I should find out next week when the doctor thinks we should do my next surgery to replace the expanders with my permanent breast implants. I still need to decide whether to use saline filled implants or silicon filled implants. There are many pros and cons to both, it is not a clear cut decision. I am trusting that the Lord will give me specific wisdom as He has done each time I have needed to make a decision. I am also praying for a clear sense of when to do the surgery. The big decision for me is whether or not to have the surgery before the holidays or after. My doctor is wise and I know he will have some good advice for me next week. I would very much appreciate your prayers for wisdom in these decisions. Thank you!!

No comments: