Saturday, September 26, 2009

Stronger every week

I was telling a friend that I don't necessarily feel stronger every day, but I do feel stronger every week. I have made a great deal of progress. I can actually be out doing things during the day and still cook dinner at night. It is amazing how grateful I feel for the little things in life; like being able to take a shower and not need to take a nap; like cooking dinner for my family and feeling well enough to eat with them; like taking my dogs for a walk and still being able to run errands afterward, to name just a few.

I got to drive one of my nieces to a class the other night and take another niece to Back to School Night later in the week. I also got to be in the right place at the right time to provide food for a homeless man and his children. It is beyond my ability to express how grateful I am to be on the helping side after being on the receiving end for the past two years. It is a tremendous privilege to help those I love and those that God loves. It is a gift to serve and I am grateful to have the strength to do so. Life is so very precious, I am grateful for each new day.

1 comment:

marelind said...

Such good news! Miss you lots!