Saturday, September 5, 2009

FINISHED Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment

Well, I am thrilled to report that I completed my 40th and final hyperbaric oxygen treatment on Saturday, August 29, 2009!! I have been going to the hospital 5 days a week since about February for either radiation or hyperbaric. I am so happy and relieved to have that phase of my treatment behind me. It is just so nice to have days in which I don't have to go to the hospital or even see a doctor...as great as my doctors have been!

One of the nurses said that in his 20 years of nursing he had never seen anyone with a wound as bad as mine heal as quickly as mine did. I know that was a direct result of God's gracious healing and your faithful prayers! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Ron and I had some amazing opportunities to talk about the Lord, to pray for people and generally be a blessing when ever we could during my time in hyperbaric treatement. We were told that our lives showed that it really helps to "have someone bigger than you looking out for you" and that prayer really makes a difference. That was very encouraging. The doctors and nurses in hyperbaric were just great, we got to be very close. I will miss them.

Hyperbaric oxygen treatment is really an outstanding treatment in helping wounds to heal. I am one of many who were helped during my time there. Hyperbaric treatment is helping to save many cancer patients, diabetic patients and others from having surgery or even loosing a toe or even a foot. I had no idea it was such a powerful help in healing wounds. I highly recommend it!

No comments: