Sunday, June 7, 2009

I colored my hair

Yes, I broke down and had my hair colored. In some ways I really liked the gray hair, but as it got longer, I just didn't feel ready to be that gray. I guess for me, I didn't feel like my outside looked like my inside felt. Don't know if that makes sense or not, but like I said, I just didn't feel ready to be that gray. As my grandma used to say, "If the barn needs paintin', paint it!" So I did.

The funny thing was that after I colored it, back to the brown my hair had been before chemo, I sort of missed the gray hair. I like that color with my blue eyes. At least now, when I feel ready to go gray, I will know that I like that too. So it is all good. Smile.
[pictures to follow as soon as one of my girls can take some for me]

4 comments:

Prudy said...

It makes perfect sense and I'm glad you "painted your barn" and feel good about it. Grandma was a wise woman. Love you and look forward to seeing the picture. Know you are covered in prayer and you are in the thoughts of so many who love you and miss you.
Love, Prudy

Hua said...

Hi Leslyn,

I love getting my hair colored. Can't wait to see the pictures of your new hair. Great update.

I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page (http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger) provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.

Best,
Hua

Anonymous said...

It is important to feel like a woman when you are going through so much. More power to you on the hair coloring. I may have told you about my mom, who at age 81, broke her knee and had a cast from hip to ankle. She could only wear skirts, so she made sure the "bare" leg got shaved every few days. She wanted to feel like a woman. To borrow a lyric from "Flower Drum Song:"
When I have a brand new hairdo
With my eyelashes all in curl,
I float as the clouds on air do,
I enjoy being a girl!
Love you, Teresa

LuLu said...

Hi Cuz,

You look great with gray hair...just like your mom (we Clark's may go gray early, but at least it's a pretty gray). I don't blame you at all for dying your hair. Mine's still brown...with gray roots...
Can't wait to see the pictures. Love you tons!!
Lulu