Monday, April 20, 2009

Really, really burned

On Thursday my skin was so burned that the doctor wanted me to skip Friday's radiation treatment, which turned out to be a very good thing! By Saturday night my skin had blistered up pretty badly, on Sunday morning I woke up and my shirt was stuck to the skin. Before I realized what was actually going on, I pulled my shirt away from my chest and my skin tore off...oh my goodness did that hurt!!!! So I cried a lot on Sunday from the pain, I can't imagine what it would have been like if I had been treated on Friday. A dear friend reminded me that there is a Person who also had His skin torn off and that she knew He could help and bring healing...I so appreciate how Jesus intimately understands all that we suffer.

I went in to see the radiation oncologist this morning (thank you Jennifer for the ride!). My doctor wanted to see me before treatment to decide if they needed to delay treatment again. I am so burned that she wanted me to take today and tomorrow off. I will go in and see her on Wednesday to decide if they can treat me then. If so, I will have radiation on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and then I'll be finished. I am hoping that works. I would love to have this behind me.

Thank you for continuing to pray for healing and supernatural restoration of my skin, it hurts really badly.

1 comment:

Linda D. said...

I'm so glad for the wisdom of the doctor. I will continue to prayer Job 33:25 over you, my friend, and His perfect timing when you are to finish your treatments. May the Lord flourish you with great mercy and grace as you finish up this part of your journey! Love you, Linda