Monday, April 27, 2009

Friday, April 24th was the last day of radiation

Good news! I was able to complete my radiation treatment on Friday!! Ron was going to take me, but needed to take Hannah to the doctor to get some antibiotics for a bacterial infection she developed, so Linda D. was kind enough to take me to my appointment. Thanks Linda!

I was able to take flowers in for my doctor and the amazing techs who have been so kind to me over the past six weeks. I feel like they are helping to save my life so the least I could do was give them flowers. They've been so nice and so kind. They are so funny, they call me "Jamie Lee" because they all think I look like Jamie Lee Curtis, and they call Ron "hallway man" because he often spent the time he was waiting for me to have my treatment out in the hallway making calls for our church, Lighthouse.

I am so grateful to be finished with treatment and so grateful to you for praying me through it all! They said that the burning, which is considerable, would get worse before it gets better. It is hard to imagine that because the burning is pretty bad already. They said it would take a couple of weeks before the healing begins. Radiation has a cumulative effect, so the burn I am experiencing today is from radiation they gave me a few weeks ago. I have a couple more weeks of radiation in me that still needs to works its way out.

Thank you for your continued prayer as I begin the healing phase. Love to you! Leslyn

No comments: