Friday, April 17, 2009

Down to three more treatments...

Today is Friday and I got to have the day off from radiation treatment, I may have Monday off too. This week my skin suddenly got very burned. I thought it was burned before, but apparently, I was mistaken! Oh my, I had no idea. The texture of some of the skin is sort of crispy like the seaweed paper that they use for sushi...tasty on sushi, not so good for skin texture!! There are some blisters, some open sores, some crispy bits and skin so red it almost looks purple. Most of all it is sore!!!!! I have actually had to start taking codeine for the pain, especially so I can sleep. Even having cotton against my skin hurts. The good news is that I only have three more treatments, so I am almost finished. The doc is hoping that taking a few days off in a row will allow my skin to heal enough to finish up the remaining three treatments.

They stopped doing the bolus treatments to the skin on Thursday. (A bolus is a way that they deliver an extra strong dose of radiation to, in my case, the skin to make sure they kill off any possible cancer cells that might be lurking there. Judging by my skin, it worked. They've been using that technique from the beginning on me.) They won't do any more bolus treatments, just "regular" radiation for the remaining three treatments.

Please pray for supernatural healing over the next few days so that they can complete my course of treatment. It is important to do all that we can to keep the cancer from having a chance to come back. Please pray for me especially at night. I have been having a hard time sleeping because of the pain as well as having to sleep on my back. I am not a back sleeper but that is the only place that doesn't hurt. Thank you!! I so appreciate you!!

No comments: