Friday, April 17, 2009

My hair is growing again!

I asked Hannah to take some pictures of me so that you could see my hair. It is finally growing in again. It is still really short and it has come in grayer than I expected but it is mine!! As my friend Mary L says, "any day with hair is a good hair day!"


I still haven't decided if I am going to color it or just leave it gray. I think I will wait and see how it looks when it gets longer. I have been told that I am not supposed to color it or use a curling iron on it (not that there is enough to curl anyway!) for awhile. I guess that the hair is so new and fine that it damages it too much. It feels like baby hair. You can see that my eye lashes and brows have grown in too! It is all very exciting!! I have never enjoyed having hair so much in my life.

I included a picture of my sweet dog, Charley, because he has been my constant companion throughout my illness. He is never far away and has been so patient and sweet during my long and many days of bed rest and being house bound. He has been such a blessing from the Lord.


Thanks for your many prayers! My head of hair is a clear sign of the healing that is happening in my body and the recovery that is taking place after the chemotherapy.

6 comments:

dukes said...

You look great Leslyn! We're so glad treatment is almost over!

Jason and Casey

marelind said...

You look marvelous! So amazing what a difference hair makes in how you face the world and for making you feel "normal" again. Welcome back!

Linda D. said...

I think Hannah did a great job taking these picture of you and you look really great!!! The color of your hair is so attractive and elegant looking on you. May the Lord visit with you in a very unique way during these next couple of days. May you sense His uplifting assurance that He is tangibly with you and feel His tangible healing touch on your body. Love you, my friend, Linda

Unknown said...

What a beautiful head! I'm so glad this is almost over. We continue to pray and can't wait to spend time with you again. Sleep well!

Cathy said...

I am enjoying your family, hope you are feeling good.
Love, Cathy

PNWGirl said...

You look marvelous! This will all soon be behind you. Praying for you and Ron as you go through the last of radiation...

Kerry