Wednesday, November 19, 2008

5 hour chemo treatment Thurs. Nov 20

Well, tomorrow I have a 5 hour chemo treatment. It will be my first combo of Taxol and Herceptin. Two weeks ago the Taxol treatment was pretty tough, and honestly, I am dreading having to go in tomorrow. The pain that I experienced after my last treatment of Taxol was bad enough that I cried. I don't cry very often from physical pain, but I did from the Taxol. It made my bones ache pretty badly.

Kathleen, my God-sent nurse practitioner, is tweaking my medication to try and help with the pain. I will take extra steroids to help suppress the bone pain and she gave me some prescription strength pain killers to take if the steroids don't help enough. So hopefully, it won't be as bad this time. I am really tired too and I know that the fatigue effects my emotions, probably adding to my feelings about tomorrow.

I know that you all will be praying for me tomorrow as I go for treatment and in the days following (the bone pain lasts 5-7 days, mine lasted the full 7 last time). Knowing you are praying gives me tremendous comfort and helps me to keep pushing forward. Thank you for that gift.

Please continue to pray that I do not have an allergic reaction to either of the drugs...both of these medications are vitally important in my journey to walking into full health and restoration.

Thank you again, lovingly, Leslyn

No comments: