Thursday, June 26, 2008

PET Scan is behind me

Okay, I don't like PET Scans. Besides injecting me with a radioactive isotope, ( I am half expecting to glow in the dark and Ron got near me and started making Geiger counter noises, which was pretty funny really), I had to go in fasting and then they made me drink this vile glucose drink that made me nauseous. I sat in a chair for an hour and had to be as still as possible...hellooo, after drinking sugar...while the sugar coated radioactive isotope spread out through my body. Isn't that a comforting thought! Then I went into a machine and had to be still for another 30 minutes. By then, my stomach was not happy at all with all that glucose on an empty stomach so all I could think was, "I hope I don't hurl on this expensive machine!" I prayed and tried to focus on the Lord, although not as successfully as yesterday during the MRI I'm afraid.

I'm not feeling very well today, really tired from all of the tests and still feeling kind of queasy from the glucose drink this morning. Appreciate your prayer for extra strength and grace today, thank you so much. with love, Leslyn

1 comment:

marelind said...

I'm sorry it was yucky getting through it. Hope you feel better soon.