Thursday, March 12, 2009

Starting Radiation Today

I have my first radiation treatment today at 4:30PM. I've already had several pre-radiation appointments where they made sure that all of the angles and calculations were correct, I've had two CT scans and three small tattooes and will get one more today. As they say, I'm all tatted up!

So today it begins. I will be going in for radiotherapy every weekday for the next 6 weeks. Everyone tells me that radiation is much easier than chemo, which is good, but for some reason I am feeling pretty apprehensive about the whole thing. I know logically that this should be easier, but emotionally I am feeling pretty stressed about it. I would really appreciate your prayers for peace over my emotions. I know some of the apprehension comes from association, both my parents had to have radiation treatments, so I think it brings back memories of them going though difficult times. I am praying through all of that, but I have not experienced a breakthrough emotionally yet. I am still moving forward regardless of how I feel, of course, but I thought I would let you know and ask for your prayers. I know that I need God's grace, strength, mercy and peace.

Thank you again for standing with me and for all of the encouraging words that you send to me. May God richly and deeply bless you! Leslyn

4 comments:

PNWGirl said...

You are and will be in my prayers today Leslyn. Just going to remind you of my former mother in law who had breast cancer in the 60's and is still going strong at 88 years old. She had a mastectomy and radiation. I am praying for your peace, but remember, tears are a gift from the Lord too. Much love and prayers coming your way girl.

Linda D. said...

I'll be praying for you, my friend. May the Lord surround you in His Arms of Love especially now before your radiation and during the treatments from this day forward. I pray the Lord will send His angels to protect you emotionally and physically, all of you, Leslyn, Spirit, Soul and Body!!! PS.91(Liv.Version/Emph.Mind) "When you call He will answer; He will be with you in trouble, and rescue you and honor you. He will satisfy you with a Full Life and give you His Salvation." Prudy and I will be praying for you tonight, as well. Love you lots, Linda

Prudy said...

Will be praying and agreeing with you for God's Grace to cover your emotions during this time. I just can't find the words to express my admiration of you. Know how much you are loved and missed. Just heard in my spirit, "She shall soar" receive my friend. Love, Prudy

marelind said...

Leslyn, I know He will shield you as He shielded me. I have a picture of angels covering your heart and lungs from the radiation.
For thou, O Lord, art a shield about me; Thou art my glory and the lifter of my head. (Ps. 3:3)
The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him. (Psalms 28:7)
The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them. (Psalms 34:7)