Friday, February 20, 2009

You carried me in prayer over the finish line!!

Dear friends, oh how thankful I am for you!!!!!!! I am finally recovering from that last chemo treatment, it was a doosey!! I did pretty well for the first 24 hours after chemo, thanks in part to the steroids they give me with my chemo treatment. When the steroids wear off though...hold on cause the ride begins to plummet, as it did for me by Friday night after chemo on Thursday. Saturday, I was scary weak, all I did was fade in and out of sleep. That lasted really through Monday and then I started getting a bit stronger. Today is Friday, a week later, and I am actually starting to feel better. I was even able to drive Hannah over to a friend's house yesterday, it has been a long while since I've driven anywhere.

I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it is to know that I don't have to go in for chemo next week. It is an amazing feeling.

I want you to know that your prayers truly carried me over the chemo finish line. I do not believe I would have made it without your support. The fact that I was able to complete all 12 chemo treatments on time is nothing short of a miracle. I was so weak when I began chemo due to having been sick for the whole prior year, that I marvel at God's faithfulness to keep me strong enough to complete the course of treatment. He is faithful and you have been steadfast in your prayer and support and I am so very grateful to you and for you. with much love!! Leslyn

1 comment:

Linda D. said...

I am rejoicing with you!! I bet it felt great to be able to drive again. Thank you, Jesus!! I believe you were miraculously strengthen and given great grace to complete all Chemo treatments. I believe you shall see more of His miraculous work as you go through the radiation treatments and reconstruction process. Love and miss seeing your sweet smile and hearing your voice!! Linda