Thursday, February 12, 2009

I had my LAST chemo treatment today, 2/12

I will keep this short because I am not feeling well at all, but I had my LAST chemo treatment today!! The nurses and doctors at Contra Costa Oncology even gave me a graduation certificate celebrating my last treatment. They all signed it...very sweet and thoughtful.

The chemo is hitting me pretty hard already and probably will for the next 4-5 days, so I would very much appreciate your prayer. But I just had to share the joy with you of actually getting through this 6 month journey through chemo, and being able to get all of my infusions on schedule! You have been a VITAL part of my journey, I truly could not have done this without you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. God answers prayer and is faithful, that truth means so much more to me today than every before.

I will update you with new info regarding radiation and what is coming next as soon as I feel better, until then, God bless you beyond all that you could ask for or even imagine.

3 comments:

Linda D. said...

Leslyn, How sweet of the nurses and doctors to do that for you. But it does really surprise me since you are such a beautiful person. It is such an honor to pray for you, my friend, you brings tears of joy to me just knowing you and all your encouraging words that you have given to all of us especially during these past 6 months. I know I speak for many when I say you are so very very very welcome and we are all truly blessed by covering you in prayer!!! Love you, Linda

Unknown said...

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally celebrating with you!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

it's been a week since your last treatment, are you feeling better? Rich and I hope you are and as this journey continues on, God's peace will also continue on and surround you. Continue to claim His glorious promises.