Sunday, October 24, 2010

Best Place for Prosthesis and Prosthetic Bra Fitting

When I first began this journey of life without my own breasts, my first visit to a local shop to get fitted with prosthetic breasts and bras was overwhelming and sort of made my head spin. I didn't know what to ask or what to look for, I didn't know that I had many, many options, I just took what was given to me.

Now, a couple of years down the road, I have found a gem that I wanted to share with you. For those of you (or a friend or loved one) who have lost your breast/s to cancer or whose breasts need some filling out due to a lumpectomy or whose reconstruction still needs a little help to have a more natural look, I have good news.

My surgeon, Dr. Kerlin, sent me to Nordstrom! Who knew they had prosthesis certified experts?! I didn't, but it was the best experience I've had to date.

For those who live near Walnut Creek, CA, I highly recommend Sommer Boulit. She is in the Lingerie department, you can call 924/930-7059 ext. 1240.

She was very, very kind, honoring, sensitive and thoughtful. She listened to my concerns and needs and was able to fit me perfectly. Surprisingly, the prices there were comparable or actually less than another place I had gone before. I could not have been happier with my experience and I wanted to pass along the good report.

Ask your doctor for a prescription for prostheses and bras. Sommer will help you with the paper work to see if you can get reimbursed from your health insurance. I hope this helps some of you, it was a huge help to me!

No comments: