Wednesday, March 17, 2010

For those who don't know why I have this wound...

If you are logging onto the blog and don't know why I have this crazy wound right now, please go back in the archives to January 24 and January 26. Those two posts will explain why I needed to have surgery on February 2. This wound is still open from that surgery.

The bottom line, for those who love brevity (which I am not great at), is that I have been fighting breast cancer. I was diagnosed in June of 2008, had a double mastectomy and all lymph nodes under my left arm removed the end of July 08. This past surgery was to try and repair severe radiation damage and do some reconstruction. The radiation damage has proven to be much worse than anyone realized. Thus the many complications. Thank you for logging on and for praying. It means more to me than I can express. I know it is the prayers of family and friends that is sustaining me through this long and difficult battle.
With deep gratitude,
Leslyn

4 comments:

Val Beck said...

Leslyn you are my hero! You have gone through so much more than I have and your faith in god has kept you with a positive spirit! I am sorry that you have gone through this and I love you! Keep fighting and being strong! I will keep Praying!

Love you guys,
Val

Unknown said...

Leslyn, I have been following your blog, praying and singing over you: "You are the Lord, that healeth me, You are the Lord, my Healer. You sent Your Word and healed my disease, You are the Lord, my Healer." You are one of the bravest people I know and we are fighting with you!
All our love,
Teresa

marelind said...

Dear friend, so sorry you are still dealing with this! No one can completely understand; we can only "stroke your hair" from afar. Bless you, bless you, bless you.

Bridget said...

Dear Leslyn - so sorry to hear about the radiation damage - that is a real blow. But will most definitely be praying for you.
Much love and gentle hugs