Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Out of Surgery and Into Recovery

Hello everyone,

Thank you all so much for praying through today. I am Leslyn's daughter, Karyn, and will be updating you all for a while since she, obviously, cannot type at the moment. Leslyn went into surgery early this afternoon and was in for about 4 1/2 hours. The Lord was very gracious, this was about an hour less than what was expected. The surgery went very well, due, I am sure, to all of your prayer and support. Also, some good news (if I understood my Dad correctly), the surgeon was apparently able to do more work than he had planned, so it is likely that a second surgery will not be necessary. Please pray that would be the case!

Tonight, when she woke up from surgery she was nauseous, but the nurses have been working on settling her stomach so she would be more comfortable. My dad and some others have been able to visit her in recovery. Please keep praying for her recovery process as she has a lot of healing to do. I will give more specific details as they come up, but after her last surgery the nausea was a significant concern, so specific prayer on that would be so appreciated.
My dad has said how much he appreciates all the concern and prayer from everyone, he and the people who were at the hospital today could all feel it, it has been a blessing already.

I will hopefully have another update tomorrow to let you all know how the recovery is going. If you have any specific questions please post them as comments and I will try to address them in the next post.

God Bless!
Karyn

2 comments:

marelind said...

This sounds like mostly good news, except for the nausea. Will keep praying for it all. Yea God!

terri labrie said...

Thanks Karyn for the update! Great praise reports, please tell your mom that I was awake praying last nite for her 12 am to 1:30is. Praying for nausea to not be an issue, will keep praying! gentle hug to you Leslyn!! love, terri