Thursday, December 31, 2009

Been awhile since I've written

I have been pondering why it has been so long since I have written on my blog. Two things have come to mind. The first and most obvious reason is that I was able to return to work in November. It has taken most of my time and energy just to keep up with working and getting back into life at a more normal pace. I love that I can work again, but it has taken all of my energy and effort over the past couple of months. I haven't had much time or energy for anything else. When they say that it takes a full year after 6 months of chemo followed by radiation to regain "normal" energy, they mean it.

The less obvious reason is denial. I think once I was able to return to work, I just sort of wanted to forget about cancer and what I've been through for awhile, so writing about it didn't fit into that subliminal agenda. So I just didn't write. I think it was a good and needed break emotionally and mentally. It has been a long couple of years.

I am back now and hope that some of you are still checking in on my blog.

No comments: