Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Worth the Fight!

I just had a fabulous weekend with my daughter, Karyn, down in So Cal. It was Parents Weekend at Biola University. I missed her entire sophomore year at college last year as I was fighting cancer and unable to travel down to see her, meet her roommates or even see her dorm room. I can't tell you how good it was and how it warmed my heart to be able to be there for Parent Weekend. Karyn's roommate is her life-long best friend, Sarah, who I also got to see. Sarah's parents, also my dear friends, were down too and so I was able to ride with them. I so appreciated not having to drive.

It was a stretch for me physically, but so wonderful. I want to encourage those of you who may be reading this and are fighting cancer, especially those in the middle of treatment. I know the days seem long and it feels at times like you will not be able to get through the treatment. I know that at times you want to give up and that it seems just too hard to get in the car and go get pumped full of chemo drugs again. I am living proof that it is absolutely worth the fight. It is for days like I had with my daughter that I was fighting, fighting to spend time with those I love, fighting to enjoy everyday that I have, fighting to love and laugh with my family and friends, fighting for LIFE! Keep going, it is worth the struggle, and I pray God's presence, love and strength be with you.

2 comments:

marelind said...

It IS worth the fight. I remember telling Ken in the middle of chemo that I understood why people give up, not that I was even remotely considering that. It is so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Ten years later, with millions of those precious moments, I can afirm that it is so worth the fight.

Karyn said...

And I so loved having you here :D